Wednesday, November 11, 2009

get fit and stay fit...

I love being active! I love the outdoors! Bill and I love to workout together and train for things together. This February, Valentine's day actually, Bill and I are going to be running in a half marathon in Austin! This means I really need to get into shape! I do not think I have ever run more than 5 miles at one time before, so 13.1 miles here we come...

This year I did my first real triathlon. We did a triathlon at TWU in 2005 for softball for fall training to stay in shape. We wore our softball helmets as bike helmets. This year's triathlon was at the rec center at Tech. The swim was 400 meters, 13 mile bike ride, and 2.5 mile run. It was really cold in the morning so getting out of the pool was freezing.

The girl on the left is Marcia, she is my friend and bootcamp instructor. She does triathlons and marathons all the time. She didnt do this one because she had done one the day before. Then there is obviously me. Erin is next to me, and she also came out to support me. Next year she is doing it! NO EXCUSES!! Whitney is on the right, and she is my buddy from nursing school. I convinced her to do the triathlon as well, and she did awesome!


Just dont stop!!


In August, Bill and I rode in the Hotter n' Hell bike race. This year we rode 100k which ended up being about 66 miles. This was me showing off the jersey from this year...



Bill is much better than me!!






No comments: